Smart and versatile drug delivery
Our platform technology allows the nanocarrier to simultaneously achieve several core objectives in the design that have not been combined in any other competitive system. The complex is comprised of a natural smart polymer nanocarrier with functional coatings.
The company is developing specific applications of its propriety versatile drug delivery system using advanced electrohydrodynamic atomization (electrospray technology).
- High ‘payload’ encapsulation efficiency and flexible platform for biologics and small molecules.
- Ability to encapsulate insoluble and/or unstable molecules
- Suitable for combinatorial therapeutics
- Conjugatable with antibodies, peptides and other disease-targeting moieties
- Tailored to deliver drug selectively into range of target tissues
- Preservation of bioactivity whilst traversing biological barriers, including blood brain or digestive
- Preventing unwanted early clearance and prolonged system circulation
Patient Safety & Comfort
- Safe, non-immunogenic, biodegradable, biocompatible and non-invasive administration compatible
- Potential to reduce the therapeutic accumulation in healthy tissue
- Engineered material for programmed or on-demand controlled release
- Combination of multiple release profiles and/or multiple active ingredients
- Predictable and tuneable behaviour
Predictable Therapeutic Release
- Low initial burst release and safety profile, release kinetics from days to months
- Improved therapeutic benefit from steady release
- No undesired fluctuations in drug concentration
Also known as electrohydrodynamic atomization, electrospraying is based on atomization of solvated polymers by electrical forces. Here, electrical forces overcome the forces of surface tension in the charged polymer solution and force a splitting chain reaction from droplet to nanoparticles. This produces spheres with a diameters ranging from 10nm <1000nm.
Summarised in three steps
- Acceleration of the polymeric solution and elongation into cone-jet by electrical shear stress
- Jet breakup into droplets due to interfacial instability
- Droplets repeatedly split to form nanoparticles as they dry
Coaxial electrospraying is a novel nanoencapsulation method that modifies the single-axial electrospray process by using a coaxial needle to deliver two liquids independently to delivers a core-shell morphology. These structures play a pivotal role in augmenting desirable pharmacokinetic properties by sustained and prolonged release of the bioactive as well as protecting it from harsh biological environments.