We are hiring!
Title: Protein Scientist
Research Scientist Position in BioCyto
A research position is available for a scientist experienced in protein purification and characterisation, to work on a collaborative project with BioCyto Ltd, a start-up biopharmaceutical company. The position is based in the laboratory of Dr Gavin Davey in the School of Biochemistry & Immunology. Applicants should have a PhD in biochemistry or a related discipline.
The purpose of this lab-based role is to provide expertise in human protein production, and to aid in a structural biology and biophysics work plan. Experience in protein purification and production, either in an academic or industrial setting, and a strong academic record at the PhD or postdoctoral level are required.
BioCyto is a preclinical stage biopharmaceutical company that owns and develops drug delivery platforms that address targeted delivery and programmed and on-demand release challenges. BioCyto is developing a highly versatile portfolio of proprietary biodegradable polymeric parenteral and intranasal drug delivery systems. BioCyto is a well-funded company with access to state-of-the-art technology that is embedded in a collaborative and exciting scientific environment.
- Designing and cloning, expressing (mammalian systems) and purifying proteins
- Solving complex and multiple problems on own work on a day-to-day basis through independent thought and creativity.
- Presenting own work confidently, contextualising protein purification and biophysical data internally.
- Monitoring and reporting to the BioCyto CSO and COO on all aspects of the project with regard to timings.
- Leading target assessment and proposal writing for new opportunities including face to face meetings with the company executive
This is a unique opportunity to join an interdisciplinary and fast-paced project working at the forefront of materials and protein science for biopharmaceutical applications. The position offers outstanding potential to grow your career in both scientific and commercial domains.
Please forward your CV and the names and email address of 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.